How do I get to Fiji?
There are several “gateway” cities throughout the world offering direct international flights to Nadi International Airport in Fiji including: Los Angeles, California; (San Francisco, California – Coming Soon); Honolulu, Hawaii; Hong Kong; Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, Australia; Auckland and Christchurch, New Zealand; and Seoul, Korea.
Note: All of our Venture Fiji Special Offers and Vacation and Honeymoon Packages are quoted to include round-trip international airfare originating from Los Angeles with an option for direct flights from San Francisco for travel after June 16, 2016. We are also happy to quote “Land Only” packages for customers visiting Fiji from other countries or for those that have already booked their own airfare. Please contact us if you would like a free custom quote.
United States Departures
Fiji Airways (formerly Air Pacific) offers direct flights, on newly redesigned Airbus A330 aircraft, from Los Angeles, San Francisco and Honolulu to Fiji’s Nadi International Airport.
- From Los Angeles: Fiji Airways offers a 10-11 hour, direct flight from Los Angeles to Nadi seven days a week (with minimal exceptions or holidays). Return flights from Nadi to Los Angeles are also offered each day of the week.
- From San Francisco: Fiji Airways will commence a seasonally offered 10 hour, direct flight from San Francisco to Nadi two days a week (Thursdays and Sundays) beginning June 16, 2016 through August 14, 2016. It will offer these flights again during the peak holiday season from December 15, 2016 through January 15, 2017. . Return flights from Nadi to San Francisco will be offered on the same days.
- From Honolulu: Fiji Airways offers both direct and non-direct flights from Honolulu to Nadi. The direct, 5 hour flights from Hawaii typically depart on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday. Return flights from Nadi to Honolulu are typically offered on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Important Travel Tip: Fiji Airways codeshares with American Airlines, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Alaska Airlines, Cathay Pacific, and Solomon Airlines. For US travelers, Venture Fiji recommends that customers establish or provide an American Airlines AAdvantage account number to accumulate mileage credit.
The closest gateway city for flights to Fiji is Los Angeles, California (and soon to be San Francisco). Fiji Airways flights to or from Los Angeles (see US Departures above) originate in, or continue on to, Vancouver, B.C. There are no non-stop flights between Fiji and Canada at this time.
There are many daily flights between Nadi and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia. Qantas flights on these routes are offered daily. There are also Fiji Airways, Virgin Australia and Jetstar flights. Venture Fiji is very experienced in arranging for a Fiji stopover for clients with longer trips to Australia or New Zealand.
- From Brisbane or Sydney: Fiji Airways and Virgin Australia operate daily flights for these popular routes. Flights from Brisbane or Sydney to Nadi are approximately 4 hours in length.
- From Melbourne: This flight is approximately 5 hours long and is offered daily.
New Zealand Departures
At the time of this article, there are daily flights from Auckland and a weekly flight from Christchurch. Fiji Airways and Air New Zealand are adding more routes to Fiji as well.
- From Auckland: Fiji Airways and Air New Zealand operate several direct flights between Nadi and Auckland. Flights to or from Auckland are offered throughout the day, all week long, and are approximately 3 hours in length.
- From Christchurch: Once per week, Fiji Airways offers a flight from Christchurch lasting approximately 4 hours.
Other International Gateways
Direct flights are also operated from Hong Kong and Seoul, Korea by Fiji Airways and Korean Air, respectively. Each of these flights is approximately 10 hours in duration. Fiji Airways has also recently announced new non-stop service from Singapore.
- From the United Kingdom or Europe: Travelers from the United Kingdom or Europe can choose between an eastern or western route with connections in Los Angeles or Hong Kong.
- From the Middle East or Northern Africa: Flights originating in the Middle East and North Africa will typically be routed through Abu Dhabi direct Australia.
- From South Africa: The easiest route for South African travelers is through Australia or New Zealand.