A Few Things to Consider…
Do the best you can to get see the outer islands. Even if it is just a day sailing trip.
- The main island of Viti Levu is full of wonderful activities and beautiful resorts, but the smaller islands highlight the true magic of Fiji and her beautiful turquoise waters and unspoiled beaches.
If this is your first visit to Fiji, the length of stay on an outer island should be at least three nights.
- Traveling between islands is relatively easy and fast, so you should plan on visiting more than one island or area if you stay longer than a week.
Fiji and all of its islands are well suited and welcoming for everyone, whether on vacation, a honeymoon, or with family.
- However, some of the more romantic, boutique resorts cater to adults or couples only.
Generally speaking, the weather and seasons should not be too much of a factor in choosing your travel dates.
- It will usually be warm and sunny on the smaller, outer islands, especially in the south. The eastern portion of the mainland (Viti Levu) and areas of tropical rainforest in the north will have more rain during the warmer months of November through March. However, the outer islands are typically dry and sunny all year long. See our article on the weather in Fiji for more detail.
- The High Season rates are from May to November as well as the holidays around Christmas and New Year, and are arbitrarily set for the more popular travel seasons for Australians and New Zealanders and not the weather.
- Fiji is a year round destination with weather variations and patterns similar to Florida, but in reverse as it is in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Your best travel deals will be available from October through March.
Do you have a question about traveling to Fiji?
Feel free to contact us. One of our Fiji Destination Specialists will be happy to help!