Frequently Asked Questions
What is the deposit requirement and when is the balance due?
- We want you to know all the details about your trip BEFORE making a commitment. You do not have to pay for your trip up front. When your resort reservations are confirmed, then your deposit is due. With payment of your deposit, your reservation is booked, and your final balance payment is not required until 45 days prior to your departure. Please see our Booking Procedures for more detail on deposit requirements.
Can I make payment installments towards my balance amount?
- Yes, at your discretion. Many customers put themselves on their own payment plan by making payments as they wish, as funds become available. We will provide you with a written receipt for all payments.
What methods of payment do you accept?
- We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, personal checks and wire transfers.
Do you offer Travel Insurance?
- Yes, we recommend that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. Yes, we do offer an array of comprehensive Travel Insurance Plans, which are optional but highly recommended. The cost of the Travel Protection Plan is determined by the package price. See full details under Travel Insurance.
We already have a quote? Can you price match?
- We have a Best Price Guarantee on our Package Prices and in most cases, we can meet or beat other agencies’ prices. Simply provide us with the written quote and Venture Fiji will do the rest! Of course, our expertise and superior service will remain unmatched. Read more about our Best Price Guarantee in our Terms and Conditions.
Besides the Package Price and any additional Airline Baggage Fees are there other costs that we should expect?
- All taxes and fees are already included in the price of your itinerary. The Fijian Government recently increased the mandatory taxes on tourism services provided after January 1, 2016 to a total of 25%. These taxes include a 9% Value Added Tax (VAT), a 10% Service Turnover Tax (STT), and a 6% Environment Levy (ET). These taxes are included in your official custom quotes and all package pricing.
The only additional costs may include some resorts adding a few dollars to support a local village foundation or charity cause. This is typically between $3 and $6 Fijian dollars per stay. Sundry items such as phone calls, drinks, meals, etc. that you incur will also appear on your bill at each resort, unless meals are included in your nightly rate. Also, Fiji Airways recently started charging a fee if you would like a seating assignment in advance of check-in. Apart from that, there are no hidden costs.
Do you have a question about traveling to Fiji?
Feel free to contact us. One of our Fiji Destination Specialists will be happy to help!